4/10/10

As we grow older we stop asking our mommy's where we came from, and refuse to tell them where were going.

Hey everybody sorry I haven't posted in a while, but I have been busy doing something I never thought I'd do..and that's right the graduation speech.
If you wanna hear it, here it is...

Hi…Where here, we made it.
We made it through the good old six grade days, with the over sized backpacks, scrub day, and the whole running to each period phase.
We made it through 7th grade, with the drama, and the tests and the different teacher every period, and the “I’m too cool for you” phase.
Yep, don’t look at me like that, we all did it. Especially to the six graders.
It amazes me of how much we learn and grow in one year.
As we grow older we grow more mature, and smarter and we stop asking our mommy’s where we came from and refuse to tell them where were growing.
Growing old is not growing up.
Growing up is when you know that you have made it, when you know you accomplished a task that takes hard work and commitment. Were, graduating and where culminating, where moving on and where going our own ways.
And As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let us down, probably will. You'll have your heart broken and you'll break others' hearts. You'll fight with your best friend or maybe even fall in love with them, and you'll cry because time is flying by. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, forgive freely, and love like you've never been hurt. Life comes with no guarantees, no time outs, no second chances. you just have to live life to the fullest, tell someone what they mean to you and tell someone off, speak out, dance in the pouring rain, hold someones hand, comfort a friend, fall asleep watching the sun come up, stay up late, be a flirt, and smile until your face hurts. Don't be afraid to take chances or fall in love and most of all, live in the moment because every second you spend angry or upset is a second of happiness you can never get back.

Congratulations to you all, I know some of you are sitting here proud of yourselves, and some ready to get out of here, because they can’t wait for summer, some are ready to cry because the school there going to won’t have any of their friends.
And some of us, are in a daze, and don’t even know what I'm talking about.
Everything in life has been figured out, except how to live and say goodbye.
Unfortunately the only reason why we are here is to say goodbye and to move on. To move on to the next level.
I don’t wanna be the one to say goodbye, but I will.
Like my dad always said,
Saying goodbye doesn't mean anything. It's the time we spent together that matters, not how we left it.
But that’s okay, because all I’m trying to say is “congratulations class of 2010 we made it” the best class ever!



_________________________________________

I have also been busy working on this 8th grade biography project and the project I'm doing the bio on is the one and only "ELLEN DEGENERES!!!!"
This women inspires me every single day, her enlightened spirit is so joyous to watch and be around.

The book is called "The real story of Ellen DeGeneres" by Kathleen Tracy.
Chapter 2 paragraph 2 is my favorite passage:


"Pine trees flourish in and around Atlanta, a quiet town untroubled by dirty air or polluted water. Nestled squarely in the sunbelt , the area enjoys moderate weather year round, with temperatures in the winter rarely dropping below fifty degrees. As in the New Orleans, the summers were hot, but there Texas air was sandpaper dry."
This at the time in the book, where Ellen is moving to Atlanta Texas because she cant afford her home in New Orleans.
The words bounce of the paper and slip into a smooth sound, a picture is a movie screen in my head and everything is as real as nothing.
I thought I knew everything and anything about Ellen DeGeneres but I guess I was mistaken, as I read this book I see more and more of me in Ellen, a trapped shy girl who doesn't care much for opinions, an attention span of a fly unless something interesting strikes me, a funny sense of humor and a broken path way as to what I wanna be and do. A kind heart and a luminous spirit.

The more I read the more I fall in the love with the book.

When I say I see more in me, in Ellen I'm not saying nor announcing I'm gay. -FYI.

When I first checked it out, I moaned in grief, "uhhh I don't wanna read a freaking chapter book...I have no time." But yes, I have made time, for this is way more important to me, and I see a world in her eyes, and that's where I wanna be.

These are some photo's I found off a tumbler called Sabino and a flik'r by: http://www.flickr.com/photos/themoonisamagnet/

Some of the photo's are unknown and some are by me. Thankyou.

No comments:

Post a Comment